2006 Czech Nymphing Masterclass - Navarov, Czech Republic

Navarov, Czech Republic
May 31, 2006

by Todd Oishi

I first heard of the Czech Nymphing Masterclass while I was competing as a member of our Canadian National Fly Fishing Team at the2005 World Fly Fishing Championships in Lycksele, Sweden. The World Championship was my first opportunity to observe Czech Nymphing in action, on Sweden's rivers. I watched in amazement as Jiri Klima and the Czech National Team used this fly fishing technique during the practice and competition sessions, and soon came to realize exactly how incredibly productive and effective Czech Nymphing could be. It was for this exact reason that I enrolled into the very next available Masterclass!

The Czech Nymphing Masterclass is held in the historical Rusalka Pension, which is set deep in the scenic, forests and fragrant countryside of Navarov. The host, Robert Borrenberg, does an outstanding job of educating, organizing and entertaining the fly fisher who gather from all around the world to attend the Masterclass. The CNM offers its students a superior understanding of rivers and the fish that inhabit them, and more importantly... how to effectively fly fish for them.

The headmaster and chief instructor of the Czech Nymphing Masterclass is Jiri Klima, the captain and coach of the Czech Republic's National Fly Fishing Team. Jiri is known internationally and highly-respected for his fly fishing skills and achievements in the world of competitive fly fishing. I was thoroughly impressed by his teachings and after Jiri's classroom instruction and the 'one-on-one' time that we spent together on the rivers, I was able to catch fish were I am certain I could not have done so in the past... and in far greater numbers than I could have ever imagined!

I would highly recommend the Czech Nymphing Masterclass to anyone that wishes to improve upon their river fly fishing skills and knowledge where river nymphing techniques are concerned. It has definitely made me look at all of my competition waters and favourite 'home-waters' with a whole new perspective and approach.

You can check them out at their website: www.czechnymphs.com


www.bcflyfishingadventures.com

No comments: